About James Dees
Performance-driven and knowledgeable home builder with 2+ years of extensive experience in the design/build process from design, planning and construction through final punch list. He is principally responsible for developing construction budgets, developing and overseeing Gantt Chart-based timelines for construction, liaison and oversight of sub-contractors, on-site management of construction as well as quality assurance.
He is a natural leader, has a highly professional attitude, and has the self-confidence and temperament which is essential in order to lead the team. He is responsible for liaison with governing authorities pursuant to obtaining all permits required for construction as well as liaison with utility companies and others who are involved in the design/build process.
Highlights of Skills
- Hands-On Builder who is equally adapt in the office or the construction site
- Experienced with construction of Single-family Homes
- Understand current labor costs to effectively vet subcontractor quotes
- Vet sub-contractors for all trades of the construction process.
- Preparation of build sheets, profit analysis as well as budgets
- Gantt chart planning and tracking of project timeframes and expenditures
- Interface with project inspectors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials and clients.
- Submit plans to the city to obtain building permits for new construction.
- Schedule city inspections as required by permit.
- Manage materials to be delivered for each trade line.
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications are met.
Granbury High, Granbury, Texas, 2008
Chalk Mountain Construction LLC | 2020 – Current
- Responsibilities – Contract Negotiations, liaison with construction team, assistance with design process, conflict resolution with team, community, local governing agencies as well as utility companies, preparation of budgets and timelines as well as accounts payable.
Chalk Mountain Engineering | 2020 – Current
- Responsibilities – Interaction with clients, assistance with site planning and technical solutions. Assists with all business matters including helping with the strategic business plan for the company.